My family and I are all huge pet lovers, and we’ve recently expanded our animal appreciation into activism by volunteering with local pet rescue organizations. Since there are a lot of folks out there who want to help save homeless animals, it occurred to me that a website like yours might benefit from a resource guide on how people can get started helping pets in need in their communities.
Saving animals that have been abused and abandoned shouldn’t just be left to the established organizations that try to move heaven and earth to do their bit for the animal society. Instead, it is in everyday acts of kindness that we can stamp out the darkness in the world and provide hope to animals and people in dire situations. Saving Sadie is dedicated to such a cause. You can read her story here to learn how you can become part of her happy ending while addressing the global issue of bullying.
Create a Business
If you have the entrepreneurial chops to make a difference, creating a business that supports worthwhile projects like the Saving Sadie’s Project is an option.
- If you want to focus solely on a specific cause using the proceeds to help animals in need, consider starting a not-for-profit LLC.
- Focus on building a brand that will get people talking to you and about you to generate as much awareness as possible.
- Make sure to distinguish what makes your non-profit uniquely different from the rest so that you can raise those much-needed funds.
There are many ways to do good for animals in need; one simply needs to be creative in how one approaches this.
- Host a fundraiser. Ideas you can use include hosting a dog walk, a dog wash, or a dog fashion show.
- Appealing for donations is another way to build a stockpile for animals that need the basics. Be sure to do your research and ask for items that have been tried and tested by others.
- Don’t know how to approach the public or what to say to grab their interest? Try CoFund My Pet for assistance in this area.
Give a Pet a Home
Perhaps you’re longing for a pet of your own and are considering your options.
- Adopting or fostering a pet can provide the permanent or temporary placement of a pet. Either way, you get to show love and care to an animal who, most often, doesn’t know what that even is.
- Before choosing a pet to take home, ensure you know what caring for that specific breed entails.
- Ensure your property is pet-proof by making sure your yard has a safe enclosure, removing any wires, electrical cords, and toxic materials indoors, securing trash cans, etc.
Helping animals in any way, shape, or form is something that anyone can do. And what better cause to fight for when you can change abusive behaviors towards animals and others simply by taking a stand for what is right.
This is a cause I’m truly passionate about. Thanks for the opportunity to share this valuable information.